Aloe vera was called the plant of immortality in ancient Egypt because of its benefits. Aloe vera, which the Indians call the magic wand of heaven, is an extremely useful plant that is frequently used in both the medical and beauty industries. You can grow the aloe vera plant, which has countless benefits in our body, from our hair to our toenails, at home. Here are the benefits of aloe vera and tips for growing aloe vera.
Aloe vera is a cactus-like plant from the lily family, which has been proven to have many benefits as a result of research. The popularity of the Aloe Vera plant continues from ancient times to the present day. Aloe vera plant, which is used in many drug treatments, including cosmetic products, grows more in the southern regions of our country, in hot areas. The aloe vera plant, which contains a transparent jelly-like sap in its leaves, is almost healing with its benefits. So what are the benefits of aloe vera plant? What are the tricks of growing the aloe vera plant that can be grown at home? How to use aloe vera? Here are all the curiosities about aloe vera.
HOW TO USE ALOE VERA ?
Aloe Vera plant is used in two ways. One of them is orally and the other is applied to the skin. Consuming it orally provides benefits to the body’s digestion, excretion and nervous system, and when consumed by applying it to the skin, it is healing for the skin.
Take a leaf from the bottom of the Aloe Vera plant and separate the plant with tiny little shards from root to tip. You can consume the gel in it by mouth or by skin contact.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA PLANT ?
- Aloe Vera strengthens the digestive system.
- It minimizes stomach ailments.
- This plant, which has become a compress-based treatment element on the skin, can be used for repair and moisturizing while renewing worn cells.
- When aloe vera oil or aloe vera soap is applied to the skin, it helps to heal the common problems of flaking and redness, especially in dry skin.
- Burns, skin inflammations and burns caused by the harmful effects of sun rays are treated with the help of aloe vera components.
- It reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- It is used in the treatment of intestinal diseases.
- It removes intestinal fungi.
- It is known that aloe vera, which has the effect of protecting the kidneys from diseases, has the ability to store enzymes in the body.
- It prevents the formation of infection.
- It accelerates metabolism.
- It has been observed that the aloe vera plant, which infuses oxygen into the blood, also has a therapeutic structure in inflammation problems.
- Aloe vera is used to treat acne.
- It is beneficial for sunburn. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it quickly treats skin burns.
- It prevents skin aging.
- Aloe vera plant can prevent the formation of cancer tumors at the initial stage.
- It keeps the cholesterol level in balance.
- It is beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- It accelerates blood flow and prevents vascular occlusion.
- Aloe vera gel and soap treat minor skin allergies.
- Aloe vera can eliminate problems that cause depression and mental disorders.
- The aloe vera plant can reduce the effects of radiation.
- Aloe vera has antimicrobial properties.
- It stores minerals and vitamins in the body.
- It has been observed to be good for diabetes.
- Aloe vera gel is helpful against insect bites.
- Aloe vera cream helps to eliminate acne.
- It is good for eczema and psoriasis.
- When the aloe vera plant is boiled and drunk, it reduces the effect of asthma.
- Relieves eye inflammations with aloe vera juice.
- Aloe vera gel or aloe vera cream is beneficial for tissue damage caused by frostbite.
- Taken with apples, aloe vera juice acts as a laxative.
HOW TO GROW ALOE VERA ?
Aloe Vera is a plant that you can easily grow in pots at home as well as in the garden. It constantly gives new shoots from the bottom of the pot. You can cut these sprouts and plant them in another pot. This will reproduce it.
Aloe Vera plant likes places with plenty of sun and light breeze. The favorite season of this plant, which especially loves the evening wind, is Spring. It should not be taken outside when the air temperature drops below 10 degrees. It is a plant that is easily affected by cold weather. Sudden freezing of the leaves and root part and as a result of this, rot can be seen.
The soil change of the Aloe Vera flower should be done once a year in April, the beginning of the hot months. Manure and peat must be added to the aloe vera plant, which likes humus and mineral-rich soils. Rich and nutritious soil will allow the plant to recover easily. The pot of the plant should be at most one number larger.
TIPS TO BE CONSIDERED WHEN GROWING ALOE VERA
- It is sufficient to irrigate once in 10 days in winter and 1-2 times a week in summer depending on the ambient temperature. When watering, take care to give water in the same proportion to all parts of the soil in the pot. The soil of the Aloe Vera flower should not be muddy.
- Never use tap water on your plant. Excess chlorine closes the root pores of the plant, causing the leaves to look unhealthy.
- The plant should never be left under direct sun during the summer months. Direct sun causes the leaves to deteriorate.
- Quality plant soil must be used for the healthy development of the aloe vera flower and abundant leaf opening. The lack of vitamins and poor quality of the soil can prevent the development of aloe vera flower.
- It is appropriate to change the aloe vera flower pot once a year in April and May.
- It should be viewed in places that do not receive direct sunlight. Otherwise, the leaves of the aloe vera flower may turn yellow and yield may be difficult.